Monday, November 24, 2014

Thanksgiving Challenge Entry

Hello and welcome to my world.
I am entering thisThanksgiving card into the following challenge:
http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com/2014/11/challenge-me-monday-238-give-thanks.html




I used the Thanksgiving Cricut Cartridge and a Spellbinders Scallop Oval Die with my Cuttlebug.
I started with a kraft base and rounded the corners. I cut the ovals with the die out of a mustard yellow and used the tan mat to emboss the ridge on the inside of the scallops.  Then I measured just inside the embossed ridge to get the size for the cameos.  It was about 2 inches and I cut these in black.  I attached the cameos to the ovals with tape runner and added the pumpkin button with a glue dot.



On the inside, I cut the Leaf Border at 1 inch which cut the width not the length.  I used the swirl cutouts from the cameos in the upper corners and stamped the greeting "GIVE THANKS". 
(I had forgotten to take photos before I had co-workers sign it so you can see some of their signatures).

This looks like it was a really simple card, but the measurements of the cuts always get take me the longest to figure out.  Someday I will get the hang of it.  Enter more challenges maybe?

Thanks for stopping by!
Reesey

1 comment:

  1. What s great card! I love those silhouettes inside the ovals - so elegant! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete