Sunday, April 27, 2014

FANTABULOUS CRICUT CHALLENGE ENTRIES!




Today I am entering the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge.  
I am sending in a few cards that I made for Easter as the theme for the challenge is Easter or a bunny (http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com/2014/04/fccb-challenge-207-easter-or-use-bunny.html).

First a card for my brother:

I call this one Egg Painting.  I know, how original, but I think the card is cute and it utilizes the paper piecing technique.


I am not sure if you can tell in the picture, but I ran the large white oval through the Cuttlebug using the very popular Swiss dots folder.  I glittered one egg and a small border around the yellow layer.  One egg is polka dot and one is striped.  The chicken is hand cut and paper pieced. I dotted eyes and nostrils and also extended the mouth up from the beak to look like a smile.  Adding a little tuft of hair makes him adorable.  The paintbrush is also pieced using wood grain for the handle and the brush tip has some paint on it.


For the inside, a little chick pops out of the glittered egg to say Have a TWEET Easter.




No comments:

Post a Comment