Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I LOVE NY!

A day at the Utica Zoo!  Although I really don't like zoos (animals shouldn't be caged) I spent the day with my family here in Utica, NY and saw what must have been some really beautiful animals at one time.  It saddened me to see the once majestic creatures languishing in the sun showing profound amounts of boredom and listlessness.  One monkey took it upon himself to entertain us while people stood and stared and pointed at him and his caged companion.  It was beautiful weather and I couldn't help but think of what these forlorn creatures might be doing in their true habitat.

The kids seem to have fun and they got to see some animals they will probably not ever see in the wild so I guess that is ok.  Of course, the last picture might scare you a little!





        

No comments:

Post a Comment